Monday, October 1, 2012

My call is love...

Today is the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux (of the child Jesus), a spiritual giant in our household and the namesake of our precious daughter. Hear her words. "Since my longing for martyrdom was so powerful and unsettling, I turned to the epistles of Saint Paul in hope of finally finding an answer... Then, nearly ecstatic with the supreme joy in my soul, I proclaimed: Oh Jesus, my love, at last I have found my calling: my call is to love." This morning our own sweet Therese greeted her Daddy with a rose in her hand (St Therese always pictured with roses) and said, "Daddy todath my feath day!"
Speaking of a call to love... David and I, after prayer and discernment of God's will for our family, and the after grieving the loss of a pregnancy in June are overjoyed to share our news: we are pregnant!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Delaney said...

WONDERFUL POST! WONDERFUL NEWS! SO happy for y'all. You're in our prayers.

Kari said...

Wonderful news! When is your due date?