Monday, November 16, 2009

Don't say the B word!!

Don't say it! Bed rest?!?!? I was told to "get off your feet" by my OB's nurse when I called with my complaints of intense ligament pain, Braxton Hicks contractions, and a few regular contractions here and there (not to mention a constant headache). What does "get off your feet" mean? I must have forgotten to mention that I chase a 15 month old BOY for a living. Is God trying to slow me down for some reason- I was not under that impression that I was too go go go for my/ John Paul's good, but what do I know?

I have a sexy Velcro belt I will have to wear all the time now to keep my belly up, and today my mom wouldn't let me pick John Paul up. After that half way point (23 weeks to be exact), things get a little too uncomfortable for my taste. Oh well, part of the suffering that makes the baby's arrival all the better, right? In the meantime, I am up to my ears in gatorade and water!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I totally rocked the velcro belt for Eve's pregnancy - I had forgotten about that! And yes, it is God's way of saying take a little break - it's what you need to do. And it is okay. You don't have to feel guilty if you're not always up and about. So REST, my friend!

geauxcory said...

Take good care of yourself girl. What a blessing to be close to your mom now, so she can take care of you and help you take care of John Paul during your pregnancy! Enjoy the rest. You know it won't last long!