Tuesday, January 3, 2012

For unto us a child is born... seriously.

On December 31, 2011, our sister-in-love Julia Dawson went into labor 6 weeks early. She and her husband Pete (David's brother) live in Lafayette, but we were all in Baton Rouge for Christmas. They decided to go to Woman's in BR and from there decided to stay instead of going back to Lafayette. A C-section at 7ish in the morning brought us Luke Anthony Dawson!


He weighed 4lbs 12oz and was 17" long. He spent 2 days in the NICU on oxygen- one of the biggest and healthiest babies in the NICU I assure you. He is now in the special care nursery where he will stay until he is able to nurse/drink a bottle for at least 2 days. Please keep Julia, Pete, big brother Liam and Luke in your prayers. Luke is doing very very well, but life is a bit upside down for them, so prayers for patience, joy, energy, and strength would be greatly appreciated.

More Christmas pictures to come, but for now, here's a little taste of what Jacob Joseph is up to at 10 weeks...

It's a little dark, so I will tell you this: At his 2-month check-up Jacob was 75th percentile in height (short for our babies) and 90th percentile in weight (big for our babies). He naps well... in a swing, and he can do a 5 or 6-hour stretch at night... sleeping in our bed. His hair is coming in brown and it seems his eyes will be brown. So as of now he looks completely different than John Paul and Therese... oh twist my arm, here's a picture of them...




God is good. I am so grateful for my family. Can't wait to share the generic Christmas post with you!

3 comments:

Aunt Ursula said...

I am SO laughing out loud! Joy! Joy! Joy! !! Pass some hugs for me....Love you guys!

KATEDDY said...

My heart just melted seeing these pictures. My goodness you two make gorgeous babies!!!!! Keep 'em coming!!

KATEDDY said...

ummmm.....and crying I am laughing so hard at the video! Makes me miss you and David so much! Can't wait to get Jude and Jacob together!