Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thoughts this week:

Andrew Thomas -the baby we lost back in November- would have been due this week. Therese is 16 months, and John Paul will be 3 in less than a month. Rarely does a day go by that I don't think about him. We lost him very early and it was in prayer that I feel like he was a boy. As I was thinking about what this week would have held, I shared with David that I was still sad even though I am overjoyed about the gift we have in Jacob/Genevieve (coming late October). His response was, "Andrew gave his life so that this baby could live." How wonderful a thought. I truly think that Andrew is in Heaven praying our children through each day. I am so grateful for our children, and I just wanted to share with you a few pictures of the babies we have been fortunate enough to meet...





And one will pray we will be able to meet in 3 months...
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

For those of you who have also lost a child (in any circumstance) there is a website for a church in NYC - The Church of the Holy Innocence- who has a "Book of Life." On their website, you can enter the name of the child/children you have lost and they will place his/her name in their Book of Life. They send you a certificate and each daily Mass is said for all the children in the Book of Life. It was a very healing detail of our story. I pray it can be for you as well.

3 comments:

Amazing Life said...

Beautiful post and my husband says the same thing about the child we lost in May 09, that they prepared the path for Joseph to come into our family!

Maria said...

Yes. Those little ones have a way with staying with us....so does the longing, the grief and the gratitude. It's been six years for us and I still am profoundly affected....and blessed.

Eric and Jessica said...

That's how we felt about losing Bartholomew. If he would've made it, we wouldn't have Klaus, and I couldn't imagine life without Klaus!I believe God had a reason for taking Bartholomew to heaven so soon and thank Him for blessing us with Klaus to ease our pain :)