Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Potty training: the mystery
Our precious John Paul is potty training. I won't drag you in to every detail nor will I address the number of successes and accidents that have come along. We are three days into potty training. Not really sure what to make of it except the following observations:
1)It does not bother him when he has an accident (he's even been caught jumping in it like a puddle) except when it "burned" because his bottom has a little rash.
2) He lets loose ( i.e. he saturates his diaper) when we do put a diaper on him to go daily Mass.
3) His successes are only after watching him like a dirty little hawk letting everything/everyone else go... and I should mention that his successes have only happened with David (never with me).
4) He is willing to sit on the potty if the following things have been said : If you tee tee in the potty you can play train games with Daddy on the computer
5) He is acting out like a mad-man. Could it be his only "thing" to control?
6) He will be 3 in two weeks. Is it still too soon?
7) If he reads this blog post many years from now, he will be very embarrassed. If you are reading this, I love you, my sweet sweet John Paul!
Posted by Kate Dawson